PDA

View Full Version : CSS Border fails to render

rizem
Nov 29th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Hi,

I've spent a few hours trying to fix a few CSS related problems and each time I seem to fix one, another appears.

This time it appears that I can not fix something trivial at best.

If you point your attention to, www.supernothing.org - using Internet Explorer 5.5 first you will notice that on my blog where I have the little Social Bookmark icons with the underline link there appears to be a great deal of whitespace.

If you then use Firefox 2.0 you will notice that unsightly whitespace you see in IE 5.5 is gone and that the underline link is actually situated where it should be.

For the life of me I can not figure out how to remove all that whitespace between the border line associated with that DIV.

The Social Bookmarks are actually called by a PHP script and so to is the CSS for that the DIV in which the images reside in.

The DIV is known as "sociable" and the CSS for that DIV is as follows,

div .sociable {
float:right;
padding:4px;
margin: 0 auto;
border-bottom:1px dotted #9999FF;
}

.sociable ul {
display:table-row;
}

.sociable li {
display: inline;
list-style-type: none;
margin: 0;
}

.sociable ul li:before {
content: ""; padding:0px;
}

.sociable img {
border: 0;
padding:0px;
}

Now, the "sociable" div which is styled from a CSS file (sociable.css) is called from the PHP script.

The "sociable" div sits inside a container which is held in my main CSS (style.css) and the relative CSS content to be aware of for that file is,

.entrymeta{
position:absolute;
width:inherit;
font-size:0.9em;
}

.postedby{
background: url(./images/category.gif) no-repeat;
background-position:10px;
background-position:left;
padding-left:13px;
}

.postinfo {
height:35px;
border: 1px dotted #333333;
padding:5px;
margin:2px auto;
}

.filedto{
background: url(./images/category.gif) no-repeat;
background-position:10px;
background-position:left;
padding-left:13px;

}

Just so you know...

entrymeta = the main container where postinfo resides.
postinfo = the main container nested within its parent "entrymeta" which contains the following elements.
postedby= contains the <span> element for the author of the post.
filedto = contains the <span> element for the category of the post.

I can't work this out. Well I am sure I could if spent a few more hours on it but I am burnt out tonight on the issues I've been having. I'm only a novice so I do be best to hack and crack code in order to get it to work so any help from a pro would be appreciated.

Regards,
Riz

rizem
Nov 29th, 2006, 03:23 PM