PDA

View Full Version : random Internet Explorer layout problem

jorrelemargi
Nov 27th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Hi all,

I have a very strange problem with my website.
First of all, CSS was validated, also xhtml transitional, but when you try validating right now, it will tell you there are a few errors, this has to do with TinyMCE which generates some <p> tags where it shouldn't, so please don't say 'you need to validate your xhtml first'

the problem is the following:

In Internet Explorer (6.0 users have told me) sometimes the layout of our website www.uzegt.be is broken, not always, because here I do not have this problem...

Content is sometimes only shown starting in the half of the page, instead of on top of the page...

Check out this screenshots pointing out the problem:

http://www.pakfriet.be/pics/uzegt-IEbug.jpg

This happens when you click on "lees hele column" on www.uzegt.be which means "read full text" in English.
Does anyone know what causes this error? It seems that it only happens in IE, not in firefox...

feel free to browse my CSS file www.uzegt.be/themes/uzegt/style.css

jorrelemargi
Nov 29th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Nobody seems to like this case here huh :)

I'm getting messages from users telling me that is happens only on first visit, not after...

others say the bug occurs more than once

ANY guess on this one would be great! I have absolutely no clue what can be wrong besides the width of my content div, but then again, why is it only causing trouble with SOME users, and even then, only SOMEtimes :)

thanks wizards!

_Aerospace_Eng_
Nov 29th, 2006, 03:25 PM
I can't replicate the problem. Adding this to your CSS might fix it though for some.

* html #content {
height:1%;
}
That involkes hasLayout which seems to fix many IE errors. position:relative; may do the same thing.