PDA

View Full Version : myspace layout coding help needed

cobra_brad
Nov 21st, 2006, 11:50 PM
hello,
i am having some trouble with the layout of my myspace page.
i have found a layout that i want on my page, but it removes the borders from the tables on the page. i wish to have this layout:

http://www.myprofilepimp.com/layout/layout_id/336/

but with white borders around each table.

i know some basic html but apart from that im stuck, ive tried changing a few values for border colour/width and had success in getting white table borders but this then removes the two fixed images from either side of the page.

if you require any additional imformation please post and i wont hesitate to reply.

ive created a test page that anyone can use to edit/play around with.

the myspace details are,

username: [email protected]
password: testtest1

all help welcomed,
thanks
brad

Uzair
Nov 22nd, 2006, 08:30 AM
Do you have some knowledge of CSS?
If no then first go to http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp & learn CSS basics. Without CSS you cant design such webpages.

ronaldb66
Nov 22nd, 2006, 09:16 AM
MySpace pages are notoriously hard to style due to the awful markup; setting table borders to white shouldn't be too hard, though, provided that these tables can be targeted specifically enough.

Are you referring to the style sheet in the text box under "Source code for your myspace profile"? Because that is some of the dirtiest CSS I've seen, and full of errors at that. For one thing, color hex values should start with # to function properly.

White borders can be set using the border property, something like this:

table {
border: 1px solid #FFF;
}
but I doubt if you want to set every table border to white; also, I wonder if the CSS will override the border attributes found on all tables, at least in the example page provided by that site.

cobra_brad
Nov 22nd, 2006, 04:27 PM
hey,

thanks for the help, ive had a play around with some css and ive managed to acheive what i wanted.
it has also inspired me to start learnin css and hopefullycreate codes from scratch in the future.

thanks again

brad