PDA

View Full Version : List folders on page

Makepeace
Nov 17th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Hi i need to find a code that list folders and subfolders with in a folder and it needs to automaticaly update when new folders are added Please help

ronaldb66
Nov 17th, 2006, 02:36 PM
I take it you mean file folders; from which destination?
Usually, this sort of thing requires server side scripting; in that case, it'll be confined to files and folders on the server. I doubt if it's possible to access the local client file system, unless it's run locally.

Could you perhaps indicate what you want to use this for?

Makepeace
Nov 17th, 2006, 02:43 PM
I take it you mean file folders; from which destination?
Usually, this sort of thing requires server side scripting; in that case, it'll be confined to files and folders on the server. I doubt if it's possible to access the local client file system, unless it's run locally.

Could you perhaps indicate what you want to use this for?

I have got a folder with a load of other folders in it which other folders and files will be added to it the folder would be located on the web server so that everyone could get to them or on another server

harbingerOTV
Nov 19th, 2006, 05:30 AM
To auto matically update (meaning you dont have to write any code) your going to need some kind of server side scripting like Ronald said, and a databse most likely.

Depending on what you want it to do or look like, an example is in order. If it's just a collapsible list of files and link to said files you could try out http://codingforums.com/showthread.php?t=86827

with something like that you could have folder names and onclick expand them and list the files inside.