PDA

View Full Version : GET/POST method

v777tony
Nov 15th, 2006, 01:20 AM
Is it possible to use a GET ot POST method directly in a url? If so, how do you do it?

vinyl-junkie
Nov 15th, 2006, 04:10 AM
You can pass GET or POST variables directly in a URL, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the script that uses those variables will get their values from the URL rather than the form they're used in.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Perhaps there is a better way to solve your problem.

v777tony
Nov 16th, 2006, 12:16 AM
I'm trying to make a shortcut to a url with a password already typed in a form and submitted, so I don't have to type it.

vinyl-junkie
Nov 16th, 2006, 02:32 AM
You can use cookies to have your PC remember that information, which is a better way to go, I think. Again, depending on the script, passing those things through the URL may not make a difference. If I had a form that used POST variables especially, I wouldn't accept information passed via the URL rather than the form. In my opinion, passwords should always be passed as POST variables and be validated as such.

v777tony
Nov 18th, 2006, 02:49 AM
Yes, I agree.
But, I hacked my dad's password to the K9 Web Protection firewall he set up. The program interacts with the local server(127.0.0.1). So, I wanted to make a shortcut to it without having to type the password. I've already set up the link so that it clears the log stored in the local server, I just hate typing in the password.