Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Need Help
07-02-2009, 12:14 AM #1
- Join Date
- Jul 2009
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am doing a web school assignment for my first XML page. I have 3 questions left to complete the assignment on my list, and I do not know how to do, or fully understand. Any clues would be appreciated.
1. an Attribute is used on at least one body element? ...What is a BODY element?
2. Body contains at least one comment documenting each unique element? I know what comments are, and how to put them in a page, I know what elements are, but what is a "Unique Element"?
3. CDATA section used at least once (which I have) but it must "demonstrate the 4 rules", what are the rules?
07-02-2009, 04:59 PM #2
- Join Date
- May 2002
- Hayward, CA
- Thanked 21 Times in 19 Posts
Normally, we don't make a point of doing student's homework here. But I'm going to say this:
The first two questions here (unless we're dealing with XHTML) are very good questions to ask your teacher.
By this, I mean XML doesn't have a good concept of a "body" element or an "unique" element. (HTML and XHTML do have "body" elements, but XML is more generic.) For uniqueness, you might look at DTD's or XML Schemas, but I don't think that's what the test had in mind.