Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 1 of 1
02-05-2013, 07:46 PM #1
- Join Date
- Apr 2006
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sr. Front-End Engineer - NYC | 110-130k
This is a full time, on-site, salaried Sr. Web Application Engineer position paying $110,000-$130,000 depending on experience + benefits. No telecommuting allowed. US Citizens or Green Card holders only please. Local candidates only. Thank you.
Our New York City client is looking for a Sr. Web Application Engineer to help build a next-generation transactional system on top of their existing RESTful API services. They need an efficient and agile engineer who is motivated by solving interesting technical challenges: building new front-end applications that allow for efficient buying and selling of online advertising inventory. This role has the potential to lead to a Team Lead or Architect role in the future, for the right person.
The position requires a problem solving mindset as much as it requires web development skills. The ideal candidate is hands-on when designing applications and is comfortable coding off of not only a formal spec, but also a problem statement. We release new code at least once a week (as continuous deployment actually increases reliability), so you must be both fast and accurate with your code and confident in your work. You'll immediately see the results of your work and creativity - as will the rest of our team, our clients, and the world at large.
* 5+ years experience writing production-level HTML, CSS & JS on the client-side
* 3+ years experience using a scripting language on the server-side
* Proven experience writing fast, scalable code
* Experience consuming APIs
* Experience with writing unit tests within a testing framework
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced, 24-7 environment
* Mastery of at least one JS framework - we use jQuery
* Familiarity with at least one MVC framework - we use Zend Framework for PHP
* Experience as a (hands on!) team lead or architect
If you are interested in this job, please submit your RESUME and SALARY requirements to opensourcestaffing|AT|gmail.com
Beau J. Gould
Open Source Staffing
Follow me @ossjobs - New jobs posted daily. Full time, contract and telecommute