This is a full time, on-site, salaried Ruby on Rails Engineer position located in Greenwich, CT paying $120,000-$135,000 depending on experience + benefits. No telecommuting allowed. US Citizens or Green Card holders only please. Local candidates strongly preferred. Thank you.
Our Greenwich, CT client is looking for a Ruby on Rails Engineer to work closely with the software engineering team (80% coding) while interfacing with clients (20% project management). This position has growth potential towards a Development Manager / Director of Engineering role as the company continues to grow, and the tech team is expected to double in size. Offering generous vacation, fully paid health insurance, 401(k), and educational opportunities for continued learning.
80% coding in Ruby on Rails; 20% client-facing responsibilities to include: collaborating with business users to refine business requirements; architect the best solutions while evaluating new technologies and implementing as needed; interacting directly with clients, serving as a subject matter expert on our product offerings, services, workflows and business rules at a detailed level (with a keen understanding of architecture and infrastructure)
* Degree in Computer Science or equivalent required
* 3+ years of general web development experience and Ruby on Rails experience required
* Solid Programming skills - Be ready to show a Ruby on Rails project / code sample
* Understanding of high volume web site architecture
* Experience with bug tracking and version control software
* Good communication skills necessary, both spoken and written
* Comfortable contributing and debating in a friendly team environment
* Committed to product quality, strong attention to details
If you are interested in this job, please submit your resume and salary requirements to opensourcestaffing|AT|gmail.com
Beau J. Gould
Open Source Staffing
Follow me @ossjobs - New jobs posted daily. Full time, contract and telecommute
User-Interface Designer also needed in Greenwich, CT to 150k