Do you want to build the front-end of a product used by thousands of people all over the world every month?
Do you want to build the most delicious and usable web app in the travel industry by balancing design aesthetic and bulletproof code?
Wimdu is an exciting start-up company headquartered in Berlin and one of the leading marketplaces for private accommodation worldwide. Initially funded with US$90 million, Wimdu has grown to host over 50,000 properties in over 100 countries since March 2011. Our main concept is to “travel like a local”. This idea is spread by a very international team from more than 30 different nations working in our headquarters in Berlin.
For our office in Berlin we are looking for a:
Front-end Developer (m/f)
• Are you passionate about programming websites and already have experience in this field? Are you looking for a good challenge in an entrepreneurial, fun, open and honest environment? If so, Wimdu is the place for you.
• You will change the face of Wimdu by independently developing and implementing new features for 50 localized top-level domains that will be visited by hundreds of thousands of users
• You will be involved when it comes to proposing, implementing and developing functional design solutions
• You will bring marketing and product requirements together into a single front-end concept
• You will build efficient and reusable front-end abstractions and systems
• You will participate in design and code reviews
• You have completed an apprenticeship or a degree in the field of IT, Media Informatics, Business IT or another relevant field, or you are a passionate newcomer
• You have at least 2 years of experience in the conception and implementation of websites
• You are fluent in English and enjoy working as part of a team
• You are an extraordinary individual with a passion for building best in class software
• You work for start-ups! Not as an aspiration, but as a way of life
If you seek to work within a friendly and supportive environment with many learning opportunities, then Wimdu is the right choice for you! As a Front-end Developer (m/f) you will have the opportunity to construct and develop the front-end of a global online platform.
Our development cycle is extremely fast, with daily releases and weekly deploys you will have your code live within a few days after writing it. You will be able to make an immediate impact on Wimdu and the travel industry as a whole.
We offer you the international start-up spirit, combined with an inspiring workplace in a stylish converted warehouse directly located in the heart of Germany’s capital and the chance to work on fascinating projects. You will benefit from an attractive compensation and many development opportunities. Our Wimdu academy, a chill-out area and many events complete our offer and enrich your days as part of our fantastic team.
Excited by the prospect of joining us?
If so, we look forward to receive your application via mail to Wolfram at email@example.com. Please mention the reference number CF0512FED. Are you committed to open-source projects? Perfect! Share some GitHub repositories with us!
Before we ask you, ask us: Send us your questions and we will get back to you. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Ohlauer Straße 43