Howcast Media, Inc. is looking for a Ruby on Rails Engineer!
About the company:
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Led by a senior management team including Google and YouTube veterans with deep roots in traditional and new media as well as technology, Howcast has offices in San Francisco and New York. Known for high-quality content, Howcast streams tens of millions of videos every month across its multi-platform distribution network. Approaching two million downloads across iPhone, iPad, Android, and BlackBerry phones, Howcast is the #1 mobile app for instructional content -- wherever you are.
About the role:
The Rails Engineer will write software to create, showcase and distribute web video. Web apps are primarily written in Ruby on Rails, and there will be an opportunity to solve challenges related to 1) scaling/availability 2) search and semantic content delivery 3)rich rewarding user experiences. Video software will relate to creation, encoding, delivery etc. You'll have a chance to do both
front-end and back-end web development.
Consider applying if you want to work on both the front-end and back-end and take your Rails experience to the next level.
The right person:
* Experience building and deploying high availability, customer facing
web applications. 1+ years of Rails experience highly preferred.
* Proficient w/ back-end - MVC framework, SQL, Database tuning, etc.
Bonus Points for:
* Any NoSQL database
* Familiarity with cloud providers (Amazon, Rackspace, Heroku, etc)
* Knowledge of non-Rails Ruby web frameworks, especially Sinatra
* Unix/Linix experience or coursework
* Proficient w/ TDD driven development. Especially Rspec and Cucumber
All applications get a response!
Apply here http://captainrecruiter.com/jobs/48