Web Programmer (4-6 years experience)
An interactive media company has an immediate opening for a Web Programmer. Focusing on design and implementation of high traffic web applications. Candidate will have a great understanding of transactional application and database design. The duties of the position include, but are not limited to: translation of requirements to working prototypes into fully functional Web Services. Other duties might include site creation for external clients, internal site development and maintenance.
An online portfolio or links to previous work.
- Object Oriented Programming
- Knowledge of MVC frameworks
- eCommerce and transactional application design
- The ability to work within a team environment
- The ability to take a project from rough outline to completion
Experience in the following is a plus:
- HTML, XHTML, CSS
- Knowledge of Web Standards and Accessibility
- Flash (Action script)
- Linux: Bash, Postfix, Apache Configuration, Server Administration
A typical day on the job could include participating in a discussion of the technological options to achieve an internal goal; adjusting a series of pages to meet a new graphic requirement; and programming a widget to enhance a current feature on website; aggregating millions of records to create a new report.