We are a rapidly growing company based in Manhattan working in the media and social networking space. We are looking for great software developers to start IMMEDIATELY; we need smart people who get things done. We are currently recruiting experienced Actionscript developers to help us build high quality, extensible, and scalable applications. We have lots of fun working on exciting projects, and have plenty of opportunity to develop new skills and experiment with new technologies.
This is an ON SITE Manhattan OPPORTUNITY ONLY. Please, NO inquiries from CONTRACT OR OFFSITE workers.
Qualified candidates will have at least 2-3 years of industry experience working on web and interactive media software projects.
Deep knowledge of Actionscript 2 and 3 is a must.
Candidates must play well with others, have the ability to multi-task, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
* Participate in a team of two to four programmers
* Have the opportunity to assist with maintenance of clusters of GNU/Linux-based database, application, and development servers.
* Document software and systems.
* Actionscript 2 &3.
* An understanding of Design Patterns, Factory Command, MVC, Facade, is a must
* Sense of humor Proven ability to work as part of team, good listening skills
* Usage of Subversion/CVS/GIT in a complex development environment
* Excellent time management skills
* Object-oriented programming (OOP) experience
* Familiarity with software debugging and QA process
* Experience with other scripting and programming languages (Perl, Ruby, PHP) a plus!
* Proficiency in *NIX command line and with common *NIX tools
* Experience with Flare
* Knowledge of the Pixlib framework for Actionscript 2
* Experience with Red5 and or FMS as a client and / or server
* Think playing with languages like erlang or ocaml is fun
We offer competitive compensation and a complete benefits package with opportunities for advancement. Employees also have the opportunity to participate in an equity plan.
Please respond to this solicitation via email with a cover letter, resume and a code sample THAT CAN BE COMPILED.