Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: PHP/MySQL Coder Needed ASAP
05-19-2011, 10:03 PM #1
- Join Date
- May 2011
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
PHP/MySQL Coder Needed ASAP
I need a character database coded for an online roleplaying chat that I run. Familiarity with dice-based roleplaying games, such as D&D and Pathfinder, is helpful for this project, however it isn’t required. While I know exactly what I need and am capable of coding parts of it myself, my currently meager PHP/MySQL skills aren’t up to par for everything that needs to be done and frankly, I don’t have the time to get it finished in the timeframe I want it completed in. This is where you potentially come in and why I made this post to begin with!
Here are the details –
• Due date: 30 days from acceptance of bid
• Payment: Made via PayPal upon project completion
• General Info: Anyone who wishes to play on the chat needs to register via a user registration page. Once they are registered, they then login into the database to create a character. Each character created is tied to the user account and needs to be approved by either a chat admin or game master. Approved characters will receive daily login experience points (more about that below).
When the player logs in, they should have the ability to choose from any character they created to play. After a character is created, players should not have the ability to delete the character; only chat admins and game masters should be allowed to do so. Also, the only fields a player should have the ability to change after the character has been submitted to the database is the character description, view only password, link to a homepage, and character exit quote.
Chat admins and game masters need to have the ability to make changes to any of the information on the character sheet. Chat admins need to be able to add game masters, complete with their ability to make changes to character information, to the database.
All users (chat admins, game masters, and players) should be able to change their account password and e-mail address, as needed.
Currently, there are plans to integrate the character database with DigiChat.
These are the tables and the fields I know I’ll need for the character database. They aren’t completely set in stone and can be altered, if need be -
User Account Information
• User Name: This field will be a primary key
• Password: Would prefer if this field was encrypted, for obvious reasons.
• E-Mail Address
• Registration Date: Automatically added by database
• IP Address: Automatically added by database; able to update automatically should IP Address change
• Date of Last Login: Automatically updated by database
• Names of all characters associated with this account: Automatically updated by database as characters are created
• Character Name: This field will be a primary key
• User Name: Automatically filled in by database
• E-mail Address: Automatically filled in by database
• View only password: Encrypted, if possible
• Homepage Link
• Character Exit Quote
• Character Gender
• Character Age
• Character Race
• Character Level: Numerical only
• Character Class
• Character Description
• Visible Equipment
• Hidden Equipment
• Character Information
• Character Notes
• Chat Admin/Game Master Notes
• Experience Points: Each time a player logins in to their user account, all of the approved characters associated with that user account need to receive 25 experience points automatically if they are 1st level, 50 experience points if they are 2nd level, 75 experience points if they are 3rd level, and 100 experience points if they are 4th level or higher.
Chat Admin/Game Master Information
• User Name: This should be a primary key
• Password: Encrypted, if possible
• E-Mail Address
• IP Address: Automatically logged and updated by the database
• Date of Last Login: Automatically logged and updated by the database
The character database will need the following webpages associated with it –
• Player registration page
• Player login page
• Player account information page: This page should show all of the characters associated with the user account and allow the players the ability to create a new character to submit to the database.
• Player account edit page: Where players can edit the e-mail address and password associated with their user account
• Player account edit success page: A simple page letting players know they successfully updated their user account information
• Player character edit page: Where players can edit the character description, view only password, homepage, and character exit quote
• Player character edit success page: Another simple page letting players know they successfully updated their character information
• Player character search page: Where players can search by character name for any character in the database
• Player character search results page: Fairly self-explanatory, however this page will only show the character name, gender, age, race, description, homepage, and visible equipment unless the player submits the correct view only password. If they submit the correct view only password, they will be allowed to see all of the character information, except for the Chat Admin/Game Master Notes
• Chat admin game master registration page: Where chat admins can create new game master accounts
• Chat admin game master registration success page: Yet another simple page to let chat admins know they successfully registered a new game master
• Chat admin/game master login page
• Chat admin/game master user account search page: They should be able to do partial or complete searches by user account name, character name, e-mail address, or IP address.
• Chat admin/game master user account information page: Where they can view all of the account information associated with the user account they searched for
• Chat admin/game master character search page: Once again, they should be able to do partial or complete searches, by character name only
• Chat admin/game master character search results page: This page should bring up all of the character information, bypassing any view only passwords in place. At the bottom of this page should be an edit button or link for the chat admins/game masters to click on if they need to edit the page
• Chat admin/game master character edit page: Obviously, this is the page for them to edit the character information. At the bottom should be a submit button or link for them to submit the changes to the database. There also needs to be a character sanction/unsanction button. A sanctioned, or approved, character receives the daily login experience points. An unsanctioned, or unapproved, character does not.
• Chat admin/game master character edit success page: Just a page to let chat admins/game masters know they successfully submitted the changes they made to the character information
I know this may all seem a little daunting, but I wanted to be as detailed as possible to give you all the best idea of the scope of the project so you could place your bids accordingly. To get an idea of what I'm requesting, you can check out either of the chats located at www.exodus-chats.org. I need something similar to what they have, just not nearly as detailed. I can create all of the tables for the database and the html/CSS aspects of the various webpages, if needed. All of the PHP/MySQL part of the webpages will need to be handled by you, should you wish me to do them.
Once again, I need this done within 30 days after acceptance of the bid. If you’re interested in bidding on this project, please respond here or send me an e-mail via my profile. I hope to make a decision and hire someone for this within the next week or so.
Thank you for your interest!
Last edited by CatEddowes; 05-20-2011 at 12:03 AM.