Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Image Uploader

  1. #1
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Image Uploader

    Hi, new here and after some help.

    I run a Siberian Husky Forum on proboards. We have a large number of images uploaded daily so we have recently added our own image hosting service to the website. What i need is a code that will allow people to upload pictures direct from a thread, so that when starting a thread or replying to one it is easy to instantly add a picture. Of course i need this code linked to our own hosting service, www.huskyhost.thehuskyforum.com

    Is this something that somebody could help with and give me a quote for, much appreciated

    Alfie

    p.s. sorry, i don't even know if this is posted in the right place

  • #2
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A few people have looked at this thread now but i have had no replies, is that because its in the wrong place?

  • #3
    Master Coder
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    in my house
    Posts
    5,211
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 201 Times in 197 Posts
    You would be better to post in the work section of these forums, unless you are writing the code yourself and need some help.

    PLease do not cross post. I shall ask a mod to move this to the correct place.

    sorry I can't help you - I'll need similar help soon.

    bazz
    "The day you stop learning is the day you become obsolete"! - my late Dad.

    Why do some people say "I don't know for sure"? If they don't know for sure then, they don't know!
    Useful MySQL resource
    Useful MySQL link

  • #4
    Master Coder
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,682
    Thanks
    436
    Thanked 890 Times in 879 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaDog View Post
    Hi, new here and after some help.

    I run a Siberian Husky Forum on proboards. We have a large number of images uploaded daily so we have recently added our own image hosting service to the website. What i need is a code that will allow people to upload pictures direct from a thread, so that when starting a thread or replying to one it is easy to instantly add a picture. Of course i need this code linked to our own hosting service, www.huskyhost.thehuskyforum.com

    Is this something that somebody could help with and give me a quote for, much appreciated

    Alfie

    p.s. sorry, i don't even know if this is posted in the right place
    Quote Originally Posted by bazz View Post
    You would be better to post in the work section of these forums, unless you are writing the code yourself and need some help.

    PLease do not cross post. I shall ask a mod to move this to the correct place.

    sorry I can't help you - I'll need similar help soon.

    bazz
    I miss something? it seems for me that is in the right place.

    best regards

  • #5
    Master Coder
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    in my house
    Posts
    5,211
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 201 Times in 197 Posts
    I thought it was in the php forum at the start. Am I stupid? I see he has cross posted anyway so, surely, it must have been somewhere else to being with?

    bazz
    "The day you stop learning is the day you become obsolete"! - my late Dad.

    Why do some people say "I don't know for sure"? If they don't know for sure then, they don't know!
    Useful MySQL resource
    Useful MySQL link

  • #6
    Super Moderator Inigoesdr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    3,642
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 405 Times in 397 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bazz View Post
    I thought it was in the php forum at the start. Am I stupid? I see he has cross posted anyway so, surely, it must have been somewhere else to being with?

    bazz
    It was in another forum to begin with. Someone moved it to this forum after it was reported earlier.

  • #7
    Master Coder
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    in my house
    Posts
    5,211
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 201 Times in 197 Posts
    thats a relief
    I was thinking I had lost the plot.

    bazz
    "The day you stop learning is the day you become obsolete"! - my late Dad.

    Why do some people say "I don't know for sure"? If they don't know for sure then, they don't know!
    Useful MySQL resource
    Useful MySQL link

  • #8
    Supreme Master coder! _Aerospace_Eng_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    In a place far, far away...
    Posts
    19,291
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 1,019 Posts
    Would it be okay if a new window was opened and the image was attached to the thread? Would the image need to show up in the thread or just as an attachment?
    ||||If you are getting paid to do a job, don't ask for help on it!||||

  • #9
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The image needs to appear in the thread, with [img] brackets. Getting the code is easy via our current image host but i want it linked to the forum so that you don't need to navigate away to get the code.

    do you know what i mean?


  •  

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •