I’m not sure what you are asking by what is “the basic aim of this website?”
• It’s a website that has a database at its heart.Other considerations already noted:
• The database is populated by entries.
• The majority of entries are entered into the database for free.
• Some (the minority) of entries are paid for – thereby granting them an enhanced entry and position in the presentation of the data.
• The public will (hopefully) want to search this database.
• To make it usefully and user-friendly to the public the database will need to be integrate in different ways i.e. location(s), search order, categories, key word search.
• There must be a login procedure (with at least a limited kind of tracing back to an email address) re the placement of entries in the database.Other considerations that I have not mentioned yet:
• Credit card payment procedure.
• Should the person making the entry into the website database be able/allowed to revise their entry at a later date if they so wish?All in all as you can see, the website it is based on a database that public will hopefully wish to access.
• Should only those entering a paid entry into the database be allowed to revise their entry at a later date?
• Should there be no facility for the public to revise their entries.
• Facility for editorial and comments.
• Facility for further paid advertisements placed on web pages.
• Pages for FAQ’s & T&C etc.
Some people will (hopefully) want to pay to get a better position and presentation in the database. This will hopefully cover the costs involved and go on to make a profit.
In all honestly, the way I see it, it doesn’t matter what the database is advertising as the procedure is pretty much the same (as far as I, the layman sees things).
I could be advertising Books, Boats, Houses or even a Lonely Hearts contact website.
When I think about it, it would be nice to attract the best features form all these types of sites and not pigeon hole or stereo type what I am doing at this stage.
If I still haven’t answered your question, or you would like to discuses this a little further, please PM me with a contact phone number and I will phone you back.