1) Project Details:
I am creating a website for a friend's bakery and I have run into a snag, one which has me flailing my appendages wildly and I have neither the time nor patience to deal with anymore... that being said I'm sure it's something that one of you brilliant individuals could fix in the span of an hour or two.
Alright, I'm using Wordpress (WP is a PHP-based GUI) so that the owner of the bakery can easily edit the content (text and such) of the page from her computer without knowing any code. We have selected a theme based on her primary wish, which is to have a unique background on every page (something that apparently isn't common in WP. The theme can be seen here: http://francais.gryphondor.com/ and it's homepage is http://windyroad.org/software/wordpr...-little-theme/
I suppose the best thing I can do is list the things I want to be able to do, and then list why I can't seem to do them.
What I want to do / have
- looking at www.gryphondor.com you'll see that the links at the top have words, and are set on a transparent background. This is the setup that I want
- When a link is clicked, I want both the page to display the proper information AND change the background to the associated one.
Why I can't seem to do it
- The script is over-complicated for what I need it to do... well that and I'm a terrible coder (don't be fooled by my post count - I ask a lot of questions )
- More specifically: The script is designed in such a way that it requires that the thumbnailed image and the background wallpaper be of the same name (not a problem), that they be in specified directories (also not a problem), and that they be .jpg's (problem)
- .jpg's don't support transparency... and this poses visual problems. I need to have the script not take into account the file extension when matching the thumbnail and wallpaper
- also of annoyance is how the script decides to order the displayed thumbnails - I wish I had more control - right now I think it's alphabetical but i'm not sure
- Secondly: as the script is now (and this makes NO sense to me at all), the thumbnails which are displayed cannot be used as links - their sole function is to switch the background image. As previously stated I need the link to function as both the trigger for the background image switch, and to open the associated page.
If you can help me sort it out so that I can do the aforementioned, I would be eternally grateful.
2) Payment Amount: 50$ - negotiable, but let me preface this: I'm offering to pay because this is somewhat more involved than your average query... which I would post on the forums. That being said, I'm making this web page for free (well, I get free snacks ). I'm actually going to be taking a hit on this, and as a student I'm not made of money :\ This isn't a question of me short-changing you on payment and them turning around and charging 750$ for the site.
3) Payment method/ details (Paypal, check? Timeline?): Check or paypal, and immediately after the site (or this aspect) is functional
4) Additional Info (about project or potential bidders): I've been helped a lot in the past by several members on the site - so if any of you care to bid you have first shot... that being said I don't know who's still around so by all means bid if you don't know me