Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Regular Coder Ranger56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Kent, WA.
    Posts
    783
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    review design please

    http://scott.spiderseatbabies.com/

    I need to change the link styles for sure, and make a background for it.

  • #2
    Senior Coder
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,051
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
    Gah! Could it be any smaller?

  • #3
    Regular Coder Ranger56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Kent, WA.
    Posts
    783
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennimus
    Gah! Could it be any smaller?
    As in?

  • #4
    Senior Coder
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    2,636
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I like it, it's come on a lot.

    I do think it is a fairly small design though as Pennimus said. I mean, your wrapper has a width of 516px which is very small. You could push that to 780px and still retain compatibility with 800*600 resolutions.

    I think the text could have some more padding.

  • #5
    Regular Coder Ranger56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Kent, WA.
    Posts
    783
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark87
    I like it, it's come on a lot.

    I do think it is a fairly small design though as Pennimus said. I mean, your wrapper has a width of 516px which is very small. You could push that to 780px and still retain compatibility with 800*600 resolutions.

    I think the text could have some more padding.
    that would mean redoing the graphics, ugh.

    As for the smallness, it is pretty skinny, but at least it's not one of those blogs that has a 40px wide space for their text.

  • #6
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    525
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I TRIED TO TELL YOU!! Haha, yeah it is small

    I thought it would be fine if you made it taller. Don't worry about widening it. Oh and your text sizer doesn't work
    Single Paradox
    My Site (Under construction)

    Not too bad for a 15 year old

  • #7
    Regular Coder Masterslave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    287
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My opinion is that it's too small.
    When you put in some "real" content the site will be different, do'nt like the lipsum stuff.

  • #8
    Regular Coder Ranger56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Kent, WA.
    Posts
    783
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Single Paradox
    I TRIED TO TELL YOU!! Haha, yeah it is small

    I thought it would be fine if you made it taller. Don't worry about widening it. Oh and your text sizer doesn't work
    it expands vertically .

  • #9
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    113
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It is a bit small, but overall I like the design and color scheme. You already mentioned a background image, which I think would be good. But I would be sure it is a light colored one... perhaps light gray to keep the contrast.

    The only thing I don't like is the link in the content section being black. It's kind of difficult to read on the dark blue background.

  • #10
    Regular Coder Ranger56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Kent, WA.
    Posts
    783
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brett7481
    It is a bit small, but overall I like the design and color scheme. You already mentioned a background image, which I think would be good. But I would be sure it is a light colored one... perhaps light gray to keep the contrast.

    The only thing I don't like is the link in the content section being black. It's kind of difficult to read on the dark blue background.
    Yeah I know I need to fix the link styles.


  •  

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •