Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yes I live somewhere
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Macintosh Review Request of New Site Design

    Hi there!

    I've been tweaking the look and feel of my website, Enoda.

    I think I like it, but I really do need peoples opinions on it. I think removing the sidebar was an adventurous move.

    Let me know what you think of the overall site design,
    Kind regards,
    Jack

  • #2
    New Coder
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    WOW! I love the design!

    A few things though:
    • Add an RSS feed! I want to subscribe to it!
    • The text in your search box isn't vertically centered. It kinda annoys me D:
    • Too many posts per page, making them load way too slow.
    • Nothing else, great job!
    Quote Originally Posted by bullant View Post
    Basically - Java is to Javascript as Ham is to Hampster.

  • #3
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yes I live somewhere
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xFinaLx View Post
    WOW! I love the design!

    A few things though:
    • Add an RSS feed! I want to subscribe to it!
    • The text in your search box isn't vertically centered. It kinda annoys me D:
    • Too many posts per page, making them load way too slow.
    • Nothing else, great job!
    • Added RSS feed link (next to the logo with all the other social links)
    • Will follow-up the search engine bug later on
    • Reduced number of articles per page to nine
    • Thanks!

  • Users who have thanked enoda for this post:

    advinsteven (07-28-2011)

  • #4
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Flint, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    621
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    There are fifty coding errors that you'd probably like to address:

    http://validator.w3.org/check?charse...//enoda.co.uk/

  • #5
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yes I live somewhere
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jalarie View Post
    There are fifty coding errors that you'd probably like to address:

    http://validator.w3.org/check?charse...//enoda.co.uk/
    Thanks for pointing me to the validator, totally forgot about checking it!

    At the moment, I'm not too fussed with these. They seem to be insignificant, but I will check up on them at a later date.

  • #6
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Flint, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    621
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by enoda View Post
    At the moment, I'm not too fussed with these. They seem to be insignificant, but I will check up on them at a later date.
    You have a hodge-podge of HTML/XHTML, improperly nested tags, and invalid attributes. At some later time, you may run into a problem and ask for help from the forum. The first answer you will be given is to fix your code. It's your choice whether to be "fussed with these" now when you have time, or be stuck fixing them in the middle of a crisis.

  • #7
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yes I live somewhere
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jalarie View Post
    You have a hodge-podge of HTML/XHTML, improperly nested tags, and invalid attributes. At some later time, you may run into a problem and ask for help from the forum. The first answer you will be given is to fix your code. It's your choice whether to be "fussed with these" now when you have time, or be stuck fixing them in the middle of a crisis.
    I understand the importance of valid code, and I admit I am prioritising them relatively low. Within the coming week I will set aside time to correct them.

  • #8
    New to the CF scene
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I really like the design of this page! It loads fast and there are no distracting images or flashing text. Very nicely done!


  •  

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •