Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 5 of 5
Thread: My Design
05-07-2008, 11:49 PM #2
The menu on the top right is sticking out of the content region. The H's on the bottom right also stick out. The "link Link Li..." on the bottom left stick out to the left. Did you try to do this? If so, it is a little distracting.
I think that the navbar links should have a hover background that is still fake gradient. Just take the same color you have and add a bar that is a little lighter like the original backgrounds. Also, the "visited" color for the navbar makes the links unreadable.
I would also like to see the text a little bit bigger and/or darker. It is semi-hard to read.
Seems OK other then that.
Why not thank me?
05-19-2008, 09:06 PM #3
- Join Date
- May 2008
- Orlando, FL
- Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Visited links are black. That could confuse some people.
That humongous text on the contact page is going to scare away some people, quite honestly, especially since it's telling them exactly what it is. I realize it was probably just that you couldn't come up with something catchy to put there, but at least change it to Contact Us, or Contact Form. I imagine a custom car that has a huge decal that says Vehicle, instead of something like "Speed Demon."
I think something should also be said about the way logo doesn't call any attention because of the lack of contrast.
You may also want to make your the text in your columns have some padding, so they don't end up a couple pixels next to the edge.
05-20-2008, 12:10 AM #4
- Join Date
- Sep 2007
- AZ, USA
- Thanked 46 Times in 46 Posts
- Doesn't validate, although the icons ( & ) seem to imply that it does. Even their image names are "html_valid" and "css_valid".
- On your contact form page, it just a few fields with numbers next to them.
- When I try to submit the contact page, it gives me a 404:The requested URL /qw/redesign/forum/search.php was not found on this server.
- The error above is also shown when I try to search
- Ugh! Huge banner that takes up half my screen on top, and I'm not using my laptop either.
- Headers are huge gradient images. Both too big and should be plain text. If you absolutely must have the gradient, just scale down the image, but I would prefer straight HTML.
- IMO, the green "Forums now open" message should go under the header; it draws the eye already and it doesn't need to be placed at the top of the page
05-20-2008, 07:29 PM #5
- Join Date
- Jul 2007
- Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
Change the ugly banner and background gradient and it will look pretty good!