thanks for your last post btw but my install must be really flakey as things have gone even weirder now LOL
i tried using 'source' and the first time it worked fine but when i tried to re-run the same sql it simply deleted it from the file??????
I think i'm getting a bit closer to the issue but being new to all this might be wrong
I have managed to re-create the same problem using mySQL Front v2.5 (http://mysqlfront.venturemedia.de/
- top right for the software) in the following way........
1. Run mySQL Front & log on with the root user
2. Go to the query tab & 'Load SQL from text file' - load SQL
Here's my code.....
create database office;
create table cust_details(
ID tinyint(5) auto_increment primary key not null,
PostCode varchar(10) not null,
create table products(
PID tinyint(6) auto_increment primary key not null,
Available varchar(10) default 'YES',
Price decimal(11,2) default '0.00'
create table orders(
OID tinyint(6) auto_increment primary key not null,
Date date not null default 'curdate()',
Despatch varchar(10) default 'UPS',
3. Excute SQL (F9) - it should work fine!!
4. Tools > Refresh to see the new database in the left pane.
5. Now drop the created 'office' database.
6. Go back to the 'Query' tab and re-run the SQL.
You should get : Unknown database 'office' error...........
7. Use Tools > Refresh again.
8. Re-run the SQL again.
All should work ok...............
this seems to point to the fact that when a db is created then dropped and then re-created you need to refresh mySQL. I have tried using:
shell> mysqladmin -u root -p reload
but to no effect
If you have any advice I really appreciate it as I'd simply like to know what's happening
tia - jaysun