* Can you convert a Photoshop comp to a CSS-based HTML layout without batting an eyelash?
* Do you know three different ways to turn an unordered list into a horizontal menu?
* Can you work around the IE box model bug without extra divs or non-validating CSS hacks?
* Do you wince when you see a CSS class with a color in its name?
SankyNet is a small web shop specializing in various forms of online communications for nonprofits. Our business is expanding rapidly, and we are looking for a freelance (X)HTML/CSS coder for a variety of projects beginning in Spring/Summer 2006 and possibly developing into an ongoing relationship. We will pay hourly ($25-$40/hr depending on skill level).
- able to hand-code valid, semantic, accessible HTML with cross-browser compatible CSS positioning
- able to convert a Photoshop comp to CSS-based HTML layout without batting an eyelash.
- familiar with web standards and standards-based techniques, but know when to break the rules
- aware of basic accessibility concerns
- able to work with legacy code when needed
- reliable and able to meet deadlines
- resident of the U.S. or Canada
- convert Photoshop comp to HTML page template with placeholder text
- adapt new sub-page design to existing HTML template
- Extract content from legacy site and convert to semantic HTML for site redesign.
Additional skills of interest (not required, but a plus):
- understanding of modern SEO techniques
- familiarity with limitations of HTML in email clients
If you are interested in working with us, please PM me with at least the following information (please feel free to also send any questions you might have, or post them below so that I can answer them for everyone):
- Links to at least two sites you have coded recently
- Your favorite CSS property
- Your hourly rate
Please also be prepared to provide references.
SankyNet provides online communications and fundraising services exclusively to nonprofit organizations. SankyNet was launched in 1998 to complement the offline direct marketing services of our parent company, Sanky Perlowin Associates, which was founded in 1977 by Sanky Perlowin, a leading national fundraiser and direct mail expert. In its 29 year history, Sanky Perlowin Associates has crafted successful direct marketing campaigns for over 100 diverse nonprofit organizations.
Our website: http://www.sankynet.com