The Palm Springs Follies is looking for a PHP and MySQL guru, who is an advocate for web accessibility and standards. The ideal candidate MUST be fluent in PHP and MySQL and have, at minimum, an awareness of accessibility via web standards, usability and security. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Mainting our website content
- Occasionally modifying and updating the core of our Content Management System using PHP and MySQL (which is integrated with our online shopping cart, Zen Cart)
- Composing monthly newsletters from a pre-existing template
- Putting the final touches on our online store using Zen Cart, MySQL, and PHP
- Modifying our third-party ticketing system (MaxTix) to look like our website
PHP, MySQL and Zen Cart (or osCommerce) experience is an absolute must! Experience with CSS, Smarty Template Engine, Photoshop, Illustrator and Search Engine Optimization is a plus but not required.
You must be comfortable meeting with the Marketing Department twice a week and providing statistical information on our website. You will also work closely with the Media Department and Reservations Department.
We have an immediate opening for a friendly and professional programmer.
This is a full-time position, hourly pay, benefits, 9am - 6pm (Mon - Fri), in house only
. No outsourcing
We are located in downtown Palm Springs, California.
Please send your resume to email@example.com