OK, so I went round and round a bit trying to find out why my embedded streams dont work in Firefox. Apparently it appears to be server related issues.
My files are stored on a Comcast.net personal account server. When I brought this issue up in a comcast forum, I was told the server is not secure, and NOT to use HTTPS as a URL, but use HTTP instead.
So I experimented. Using HTTP works fine in Firefox, but crasshes or becomes unstable in Internet Explorer. Now I'm no code master, so I figured maybe theres a way to get IE to use HTTPS url and Firefox to use HTTP. So I tried the embed generator
and its code produces a cross browser function that appears to work.
In the OBJECT url I used HTTPS...In the EMBED url I used HTTP. Example code shown below.This appears to work, though I have no clue why.
Only one problem left. The OBJECT tags seem to generate a "This page contains both secure and non secure items" warning when vieing with Internet Explorer, which is something I would like to get rid of.
<OBJECT id='mediaPlayer' width="370" height="350"
standby='Loading Microsoft Windows Media Player components...' type='application/x-oleobject'>
<param name='fileName' value="https://your path">
<param name='animationatStart' value='true'>
<param name='transparentatStart' value='false'>
<param name='autoStart' value="false">
<param name='showControls' value="true">
<param name='loop' value="false">
<PARAM NAME="windowlessVideo" VALUE="true">
id='mediaPlayer' name='mediaPlayer' displaysize='4' autosize='-1'
bgcolor='darkblue' showcontrols="true" showtracker='-1'
showdisplay="0" showstatusbar='-1' videoborder3d='-1' width="370" height="350"
src="http//:your path" autostart="0" designtimesp='5311' loop="false">