Hi me :-)
I found the problem,
by using @ CODEPAGE="1252"
I did not get the effect I wanted,
as suggested by MSDN:
I should also use Session.CodePage=1252
it is now working and my ASP pages (that also uses the utf-8 meta tag) can show Unicode
one thing I could not figure out is when should I use codepage 65001
anyway, my ASP files are saved as UTF-8 files with notepad and I did try
to set both codepage and @codepage on the server to 65001 but it did not work,
it only worked with codepage 1252 as used on my server and in the DB collation...
so if U R using codepage 65001 and it is working please let me know what am I missing.