Full-time, flexible hours
Hourly Rate: $10-$25
Contact Email: Gladys.Ramos@modetwo.com
***THIS JOB WILL BE FILLED WITHIN 72 HOURS so act fast!***
We are an award-winning product design team in immediate need of a Immediate need of a FULL TIME (40+ hours/wk) Flash Action Script 2 Developer to help take pixel-perfect designs to fully developed applications.
We focus on multi-platform software development (Apps) and when you join our team you will help bring to market exciting new product concepts that will run on web, tv, desktop, iOS, Android, and Facebook. If you want to work with a passionate and fast company where you can truly make an impact then this job is for you.
We have a fully designed app that needs to be built in Flash to run on the Chumby TV platform:
This app is built for the Chumby TV platform which only supports AS2. In the future you will be working on AS3 projects only (no more AS2!)
TOTALLY CLEAR APPROVED SPECIFICATION
The design is locked and approved, you simply need to build it. We will provide you with everything you need to complete the project:
- Requirements documents
- Code snippets
- Interactive prototype built in Flash (AS3 so none of the code is useable unfortunately)
- Walkthrough vide captures describing each feature and how the product works
- Completed UI design (JPG, PNG, and unflattened PSD)
- Access to our Jira project server and Wiki with full information
- Completed work breakdown
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Full time availability (30+hrs/wk) to work with team (including Skype discussion)
- Commitment to meeting your deadlines
- Attention to detail and take pride in producing high quality work
- Able to estimate accurately
- Extensive ActionScript 2 experience
- Can produce code compatible with Flash 8/Flash Lite 3.1
- Experience with Facebook and Twitter API
- Experience with querying 3rd party JSON API's with AS2
- Experience with AS event listeners/dispatchers (listening for keyboard input)
- Experience with shared objects and flash cookies
- Experience with simple data aggregation from different sources
- Experience with different stage scale modes a plus (liquid layouts a plus)
- Direct experience on Chumby platform a plus
- Experience with OAuth and XAuth a plus
- Direct experience with Flash Lite 3.1.x a plus
- Agile/Scrum development methodologies
- Jira/Bonfire/Confluence for project management
NEXT STEPS: Get this job RIGHT NOW.
We have been around for 10+ years and this role is for a very rare key long-term position in our company. Once you complete the below questions successfully you will advance to the second round of hiring and interviews, and if selected you will begin working with our team during a one-week probing period to demonstrate your abilities!
To make it to the next round of hiring please complete the following questions.
1) Complete the Skills self assessment below
2) Complete the attached test-task (should take 20-30 minutes) and send back the result.
3) Hours available/week and available start date
4) Timezone and available working hours
5) Your technical strengths and weaknesses
The included test task is a simple API call from within flash to a 3rd party server. As an example, please reference the FlickrPhotoViewer sample application on the chumby website that makes API calls to the Flickr service:
Rate your expertise (1-10, 10 being the highest), and experience (in time), and number of projects completed for the skills self-evaluation below.
Example: AS2: 3/10, 2 years, 12 projects
- Action Script 2
- Flash 8
- Integrating to Facebook and Twitter API
- Integrating 3rd party JSON API's with AS2
- AS event listeners/dispatchers (listening for keyboard input)
- Shared objects and flash cookies
- Data aggregation from different sources
- different stage scale modes (liquid layouts)
- Chumby platform (http://www.chumby.com
- OAuth and XAuth
- Flash Lite 3.1.x
- Flash on non-computer devices (mobile, tv, etc)
- Agile/Scrum development methodologies
- Jira/Bonfire/Confluence or other ticket-based trackers for project management
- Working with multiple developers simultaneously on the same project
- Perfect written english
We look forward to reviewing your application and advancing you to the next round!