Very odd error... user is getting "?/div>" on their screen.
I have a ery odd error... one of my users is getting "?/div>" on their screen. My elements are almost all in div's and are position:absolute. This user is using IE 5.5 and she is getting these odd "?/div>"'s and half of my elements are pushed way down on the screen instead of where I put them.
Has anyone run into anything like this before?
Thanks in advance,
nope. I know this dosen't make any sense at all. This is part of a web application and it works for every one else world wide except for this one person in NY. I have go through all her settings that I can think of to make her machine identical to mine (apart from the fact I am on NT4.0 and she is win98). I do not get the ?/div> yet she does... I thought she was hollousinating [sic] but this morning she sent me a screen shot of it.
It's fixed but I do not know what they did. I got a tech from up there to look at her browser and walk through the settings. He said that he turned Java Logging on and that fixed it but that shoulden't have had any affect... My assumption is that he did something else at the same time.
The important thing is that it works now
Certain firewalls do have a few bugs where they add erroneous characters into the page, or remove a bracket here or there (ZAP does it quite often in certain environments), and I've had to deal with more than a few people with this problem...always something to be aware of.