I am putting together an idea for my site.
Its the 'planning' phase now, so any input is helpful.
My plan is to have the site register the session to the database.
I am looking to achieve this:
- member joins at the sign up page.
- if they visit again within 7 days, no '/test.jpg' page loads
- if they visit on day 8, then '/test.jpg' loads, that is a Light Box.
- if they visit for the first time since joining, and after there seven days, then the '/test.jpg' loads.
- the '/test.jpg' page will only ever load once, not twice etc
What would i need to register into the database? The unique 'username'? And the sign up date?
Any ideas on where i could find a tutorial would be great... I need help for these:
- register session into database for 'username', and 'sign up date'
- php check the database and 'if true' or 'if false' then 'echo /test.jpg'?
- then register to database that '/test.jpg' has loaded once
- php check the database and 'if true' then never load '/test.jpg'
If there is an easier way to achieve what i am looking for please let me know.
I am an absolute beginner at this complex coding, so any php idea or tutorial is helpful, please assume i don't know anything so you can help.