No, I meant I was able to convert the video using my code on my server. Which means there is something wrong with your server setup. In this thread, I have previously posted several troubleshooting steps you can employ to try to isolate and correct the problem (in relation to the error message that you are receiving). I suggest that you try some of those things and, if you are not able to fix the problem, then report back here with what you find out, and I will try to help you further.
I tried all the troubleshooting tips you gave and even got the server company to look it up and I still cannot convert videos and getting: Error generating MP3 file!
Here's what I've tried:
1) Turn error handling on in the code (comment out ini_set('display_errors',0)
2) Check your server error logs
3) Make sure FFmpeg is functional within your server setup
4) Download a fresh copy of FFmpeg
5) Make sure that you can execute commands on the server with PHP's exec()
In addition to what I've already suggested, all I can think of is to:
1) Make sure folders and files are where they are supposed to be (as per my instructions in this thread's first post)
2) Try the code/files on another server. If it works on another server, then compare server configurations (see #3 in this list).
3) Download XAMPP and try configuring and running the code/files from there. If it works, compare the server config inside XAMPP to your server config (i.e., compare php.ini files or maybe even Apache httpd.conf files -- if you are running Apache).
It might also be helpful for me to know:
1) Server OS (windows or linux?)
2) Server software (Apache or IIS?)
3) PHP version
Maybe someone else has additional suggestions. That's all I can think of at the moment.
Last edited by chump2877; 08-10-2011 at 10:46 AM..
I've tried everything with no luck. Still getting: Error generating MP3 file!. Just a few days ago the codes were working on all 3 servers but now not working on all 3 servers even though I've tried your exact codes without any modification.
Server OS: linux Server software: Apache PHP version: 5.2.11
Here's 2 separate servers the codes used to work on but not anymore.
I like the browser extension idea...I wonder if the extension could be programmed so that it doesn't force a new tab to open, and instead does everything behind the scenes? Unfortunately, I know nothing about programming browser extensions...But it seems like it might be possible with some AJAX and a little ingenuity?..