hmmm. I have no idea where I went wrong. I've worked three slideshows tied to Vic's above script into my project. I think the only thing I added in relation to the slideshow was to put them into <div> tags that are visible only when clicking on the relevant link (Otherwise they appeared while the page was loading) Somewhere along the way of working on this page, the thumbnail scrolling stopped working.
here's how everything looks. There's a bunch of other scripting on there to slide the page. I don't think it's causing any trouble. I've gone line by line to see if I can find an error or tweak something to fix it.
the source code can be seen here: http://www.mergecreate.com
The three slideshows can be reached by clicking on design, paintings or illustration (it's all one file)