Need Multiple Software Development Engineer Testers, Westport CT
Our client; a major Financial Services company in Stamford CT. is seeking to bring on-board a multiple well established C# Software Developers with a Quality Assurance (QA) mindset. This is a stable contract position for 12 months plus, renewed every 12 months. QA Tester will be responsible for writing, developing and executing test cases. The test cases will typically be based on Agile stories or feature specification documents. The test cases may be automated or manual. In the case of an automated unit test the QA engineer would be responsible for doing necessary development or scripting in the appropriate language or framework. Responsible for evaluating, debugging and troubleshooting code. Will be making recommendations for changes in programming code. Position offers a competitive and flexible pay rate on either W2 or Corp-to-Corp basis.
Education / Experience:
* Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Engineering from a reputable engineering school
* 2 years work experience in large Enterprise
Must Have Skills:
* C# developers who have testers / QA mind set
* Competency of an object oriented language - either C# and/or Java
* Competent working in a .NET environment
* Good understanding of Enterprise architecture - web services, LDA
* Ability to do Windows scripting
* SQL Server, SQL scripting
* A genuine QA mindset Slight paranoia in thinking through everything that could go wrong.
* Well organized and methodical. Solid follow through
* Familiarity with unit testing frameworks and testing tools
Nice to Have Skills:
* System admin / Network admin type skills in both .NET and/or LINUX
* Experience working in an Agile environment
*NOTE – a two question screening test will be given prior to submittal.
Last edited by rpcorr; 03-10-2010 at 08:37 PM..
Reason: Clarifications added