I just want to provide what it takes to change hosting company or moving from one to another.
Here is 10 steps how you can do it.
Please correct me if I forgot something or I am totally wrong (wing-wong)
1. Identify a web hosting company that provides the features and services most suitable for you.
2. Order an appropriate hosting package from the supplier.
3. Use the Control Panel facilities to manage your email boxes and such like.
4. Begin the transfer of your domain or change the domain records and change email settings if required (your new web hosting supplier
should provide guidance and support to make this as simple as possible).
5. Copy all your files from your previous web hosting service.
6. Upload the files to your new hosted web space.
7. Transfer any databases required for your website.
8. Check that all files have been copied and uploaded successfully.
9. Test functionality and content related to any databases.
10. If you have not done so already, cancel your previous hosting service.
By the way I think that the most biggest problem is to know how to get moving from one to another hosting that’s why people always thinks that
they will stick to one hosting company and forget all major problems with that company (downtimes, long servers maintenance and etc.)…
I am trying to analyze cPanel, DirectAdmin and Plesk and will provide all (as much as I can) information regarding how to transfer your website.
I would be glad if you would share some information with me on this forum. Really would be awesome…
Anyway I think it would be great idea to have all information together collected.