I'm trying to display a DIV w/ detail info that corresponds to a dropdown list option. I'm trying to place it at a set location on the right side of the page. The following code snippets work fine in Firefox, but not in IE 6.
Sorry, I assumed window object was always available from context or something. Seems to be, because this is the Firefox part that works. (I got the code from an online example of testing for browser type and several examples I saw had the same if conditions.) Also, I can debug in FF with Firebug pretty easily but haven't been able to step into the code from IE. I don't think I even get into the method in IE because I put an alert as the first line.
I do see a page load warning in IE that says invalid character at Line 2 Char 1, but all that is there is the <head> tag.
Thanks for the tip anyway, but I'm a Java programmer, so I realized that. That first line was a paste from an example.