Exotic Publishing is looking for an experienced web coder such as yourself. If you are not available to work, could you please recommend someone whose code is good and is easy to work with? Also, do you know of any sites where W3C coders hang out where we may post our hiring ad?
Here is our hiring ad:
We are a small, professional, independent publisher of a book on a business model for the escort industry. This is sold through our website and other book purchasing sites. We value our team members and offer the following:
• Career and compensation growth for long-term contractors
• The ability to work virtually
• Professional training
• An intellectual work environment, and a fun atmosphere!
WHAT WE NEED
Currently, we are in need of a motivated, talented, and forward-thinking talented website coder (no design) who loves their job, & can work well with others.
WHAT WE REQUIRE
We will only accept emails from individuals that possess the following job-related qualifications:
• Experience with CMS Made Simple, or is willing to learn it on your own time. Same with Word Press, if you don't know it, you are willing to learn it on your own time. You would just be uploading WP to domains, updating WP, & making coding changes from there to redesign the navs, templates, etc.
• Understands the workings & logistics of a website & has created several from start to finish.
• You are able to stay organized when working with many websites.
• Has minimum 2 years working experience with CSS2 & XHTML 1.0 Transitional.
• We want an accurate coder who is time efficient in their process. You either code in WYSIWYG, but you have already learned to code by hand, or you are a very fast hand coder.
• You care about the code & whether it's streamlined, plus you care whether all things are working properly after you do a task.
• You can take any PSD & quickly yet nicely turn it into a web page. All designs are created by a graphic web designer.
• Has working knowledge of PHP includes. You don't have to be a PHP expert, just know enough to figure out what you are doing. We have a programmer for that.
• Has the ability to code for structure and fast loading times by optimizing the graphics/images.
• Understands Character Coding & how to avoid potential future problems.
• Has worked with implementing/installing flash files before, (however you don't need to be a flash developer).
Additionally, in order for us to consider your email, you must meet the following requirements:
• The intellect to understand that although we publish a book that serves to educate on how to establish an adult industry related business, it does not diminish our level of professionalism, nor our ability to run an effective, profitable business, and treat contractors, vendors, etc. with respect.
We also build businesses that are mainstream, all geared towards helping the public.
• The ability to take responsibility for all of your actions, & not blame others.
• A minimum of one-year experience that can be verified with you working in that capacity as a virtual independent contractor in your field of expertise.
• Be detail-oriented and confident in making suggestions when you see that something may be improved.
• Have the ability to be organized, set and meet deadlines and work independently in a virtual work environment.
• Possess excellent written and verbal English communication skills to include being able to follow explicit instructions via e-mail, instant messaging and on the phone.
• Demonstrate strong ethics and a solid personal commitment to your responsibilities.
• The desire to work in a friendly, down to earth, virtual workplace that applauds innovation and common sense.
Please include the following in your email:
• The keywords I am your new Website Coder in the heading of your e-mail.
• 5-10 sites you have coded from scratch yourself.
• Your best "small business" hourly rate.
• A description of your abilities as they relate to our needs, without an accompanying resume, as we award contracts based on the ability for a person/company to sell his/her skills without the structure of a resume. It is your responsibility to sell yourself, please don't assume that we will assume details about you.
• List how many years you have been working virtually online
• A list of your professional references that can verify your website coding experience.
• List your top three strengths and your top three areas for improvement (everyone has areas for improvement, so you will not be pre-judged by your answer).
• We look forward to hearing from you!
Please respond to the e-mail address email@example.com