what service are you providing?
I find for web design/programing the best way is by networking.
Easy Way To Network:
1. Make a blog about whatever you do
2. Update it regularly
3. Join twitter.com
4. Follow people on twitter that are interested in stuff related to the internet
5. Make friends, get customers :-)
1. Join Forums About Topics Such As "Lawn Care Businesses". EX:http://www.lawnsite.com/
2. Establish yourself as a web expert by providing useful post and by helping everyone in the website section.
3. Convert them to customers :-)
These strategies may take a little longer then you want but they works. It;s how I got my jobs when I was providing design/coding services. Since you built your clientel through networking/friendship most of them will be repeat customers and will be quick to refer you to friends.
If you want customers NOW then you can try bidding on work at various job sites.
Another thing to remember is that even though your providing online service this does not mean your marketing needs to b e online. You could easily find local clients, or perhaps even find clients through relationships you have already established.