Ok... this is my first thing I have done on this CodingForums site.
So here's the deal. As a learning project I have to create a web site that serves as an open chat room. For the chat room I will probably just use a simple IRC client. That would be easy but I have a few things that aren't making this such a breeze:
1. I need to write a full login, logout, email password, and sign up scripts
2. All of the work has to be manually written with Notepad (or an alternative text editor). No easy programs that do all of the hard work for you.
Here is the site: http://goboone.net/~mcovalt/
and in this zip is entire root of the ftp server I am on: http://goboone.net/~mcovalt/stuff.zip
. The place I am stuck at is the PHP. The HTML and CSS came pretty naturally but this PHP thing is giving me hell. What I need to do now is create the PHP script that creates a new user in the MySQL table securely. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
***A couple of notes:***
1. I am totally new to Web Dev. Haven't looked at code in my life prior to this project.
2. If you want to login to the site the only user is: "bt" and the password is "test".
3. If I forgot to mention anything, just let me know and I will try to respond as quickly as possible.
4. I'm not going to be the fastest responder... I have to juggle school, work, and a social life