Aha! Let all people with the same question learn from this thread :
If you have an apache server running on a computer on your LAN (wireless or cabled) you can access that computers 'server root' through the 2nd computer's web browser (Just like visiting a webiste, only on your LAN)
FOR WINDOWS :
1) Open Internet Explorer
2) In the address bar, enter the name of the computer (eg : NICKSPC), this can be found under 'computer name' if you open your system properties.
EG : http://NICKSPC/
3) Presto! You will be in the web directory for that computer (so long as it is turned on and visible to the network)
FOR MAC > WINDOWS :
If the server is running on a windows machine and you want to access it from a Mac :
1) Open Safari
2) In the address bar, type in the computer's IP address
EG : http://10.0.0.1/
3) This will take you to the server's web root.
It seems that Macs do not identify the Windows Computer Names to well.
- A quick way of finding the windows server's IP is opening CMD and typing ipconfig
- You will not be able to edit files from the 2nd machine (as they are running from the server)
Hope this helps other in the future!