A wise software engineer would design the app first before trying to determine what language to use. The languages are just the tools to implement the design. How would you know what language to use until you first know how it will work? What if you choose C and discover later that it would be simpler using an OO language.
Typical noob development process:
1. Oh I have a cool idea for a game/app.
2. Google, google, google.
3. Realize now that is harder than originally thought.
4. Google, google, google.
5. Start memorizing random programming/scripting languages.
6. Ok let's start writing code.
7. Ok got the first 4 lines written but I get compile errors.
8. Google, google, google.
9. Post on message boards...PLEASE HELP!!!
Wise Software Engineer Process:
1. Define the requirements. (What does it need to do?)
2. Design the software. (How will it work?)
3. Implement the software. (Write the code)
4. Verify the software. (Does it satisfy the requirements?)
CodingForums Supreme Overlord
All Hail Spookster