I bought a stylesheet for my drupal site, company dropped drupal stuff and no longer supports it. Anyway it works perfect in Chrome and Firefox, but in any version of internet explorer it has no css from stylesheet - none! I have IE8 on my computer and when I check viee page source it is loading the correct css for IE - but IE seems to totally ignore it!
Any ides where to start looking?
PS Page validates (0 errors) at W3C.
Thanks for any help,
Last edited by VIPStephan; 12-14-2012 at 10:43 AM..
Reason: set to “resolved”
Internet Explorer seems to be ignoring everything after line 50.
Almost none of the paid stylesheet loads in, Drupal has some very basic css and that loads in. You can see the webpage at www.vendingmix.com
you can view page source from a browser and all the css is there in IE8/9, FF and Chrome browser's. And the different version specific stylesheet's are loaded in with the correct browsers (e.g. the IE8 special stylesheet is loaded is loaded when I am using IE8/XP and not when I am using Chrome, FF or IE9/WIN7).
When I look at the page source when in I am IE8/XP you can see that it is like IE is ignoring everything from line 50 on, (the paid stylesheet stuff starts at 50).
I have tried un-commenting the style stuff from lines 118 to 138 and it makes no difference, commented out or not it still won't work in IE.
I am totally stumped
PS If you would like to see any of the individual css templates or the php file that loads them in just ask and I will attach them.
Validates in HTML and CSS now!
And it loads a tiny bit more of CSS in IE, but 90% is still not loaded or ignored.
Page badly broken in IE8/XP, but still perfect in FF and Chrome.
I will check tommorrow in a friends IE9/win7.
I am totally stumped
Any ideas will be tried.
PS If you would like to see any of the individual css templates or the php file that loads them in, just ask and I will attach them.
I noticed you have more than one stylesheet being added to the page. I didn't bother counting how many in total because your scripts are a mess, but you should check and see if the missing styles are coming from one or several in particular. That would narrow down the problem a bit at least.
I am viewing in IE9. It looks like some things are missing, since the colors appear quite mismatched in some areas. The layout isn't really collapsing or anything, so there is obviously plenty of styling still happening.
Looks OK? Umm, No. Maybe my eyes were bad so I uploaded 2 screenshots one from IE8/XP and one from Chrome/XP, I have named them accordingly. The Chrome one is exactly like it should be, IE8/XP is total trash.
Is there some setting in IE8 I am missing? I do not have compatibility mode on and disabled almost all safe browsing stuff. When I look at view page source it is loading in the IE8 stuff like is is supposed to.
I am so baffled
PS I am still trying to find an IE9 to look with, but my friends look at me like I am crazy for wanting to use IE9. I'll find one. Sigh...
OH! NO! I am so stupid. Thank you for pointing that out, I must have typed the wrong url. Vending-LA is another site I work on. Here is the correct URL: http://www.vendingmix.com
You guys/gals must have thought I was crazy.
Looking at your page, there are loads of stylesheets. Further, IE seems to parse them up to and including light-body.css, but no further. It's not parsing, for example, fusionmenu.css. The absence of some of these files is causing your problem.
This set me wondering whether there's an IE 'feature' which causes this, and Google led me to this page. As you'll see, this suggests IE can cope with only 31 stylesheets/style tags. Counting down your css files, light-body.css is the 31st, so that looks like your problem.
Note this manifests in IE9 as well as IE8 (and presumably earlier versions as well).
The fix would be to manually combine some of your css files into a single file, or use @import. I can imagine Drupal might fight back a bit at this, but that looks like your only option.
You nailed it right on the head! Thank you!!!
I never new or heard about a 31 stylesheet limit in IE, but that was eactly the problem. For the benifit of anybody else with this problem with IE who has a Drupal site the fix is easy. In Drupal's administration area located at "/admin/settings/performance" there is a box to check that will aggregate all of drupal's CSS into one stylesheet, just check the box and click "save configuration". This is actually there for site loading performance, but what the hay, it solved my problem.