10-03-2012, 03:27 PM
PM User |
Join Date: Sep 2011
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Joomla Template Slideshow
I appreciate this question should be asked to the template creators but I received no reply from them over the last month.
I installed the template currently installed on my website (link below) and it had a slideshow. As soon as I installed a duplicate version of the template (allowing me to have a different logo at the top of each of the sections), the slideshow stopped working in the first install and never worked in the second. What is wrong and what do I need to do?
----Background and other relevant information----
1. On the first instance (install) of the template, a picture now replaces the slideshow (one of the pictures from the slideshow), in the second instance the slideshow or image doesn't appear at all.
2. I have checked the background settings and ensured these are correct. I have also checked whether the slideshow is listed within the Joomla plugins list or modules list - it isn't.
4. The template is actually a Themegoat template. I appreciate that there is some controversy around their templates at the moment but I really like the template and i feel that it works for what we need. I'm also not a coder so I do not have the option of building a template that is pretty much the same whilst not being made by Themegoat.
5. The code in each of the template directories (one per instance) refers to a slideshow image folder via a relative link in the template directory files. These folders exist independently where required and contain the required images in the correct format.
6. I have looked through the files for any obvious explanation but I'm not a coder so I really don't know what the problem is.
I'm really hoping somebody can help.
Thanks ever so much and kind regards,
1. The first install of the template is located at: http://www.garethgroup.com
2. The second install of the template is located at: http://law.garethgroup.com
Last edited by bgareth; 10-03-2012 at 03:57 PM..
Reason: Paragraph Numbering didn't work :-)