Hi clever people.
I was wondering if anyone could help me solve a riddle.
- I have an empty folder on my shared web host.
- I transfer a video file to said web folder via FTP.
- Once the file is uploaded FFMPEG encodes the video into several definitions; 320p,480p,720p and 1080p and then automatically places all converted files into a new folder for me.
- Bonus: Video is also converted into as many HTML5 formats as possible (not just .flv and .mp4).
- Bonus: A remote upload feature (or transload) where I could grab a file from any url and place it in the folder for me server to server.
Is something like this possible? It would all have to be done without root access but I have access to FFMPEG, MPLAYER etc.
I know it's a whacky idea but I can no longer bear encoding video files on a Celeron laptop and then uploading the videos on my slow connection.
Right now I am actually using ClipBucket's remote upload which grabs a video from a url and uploads it, but it only converts the video into two definitions and rarely works anyway.
Thanks for reading. Have a nice day!
PS. This would not be for leeching copyrighted material - it would be for material I am allowed to publish.
It simply allows me to compete with the big guys in terms of publishing fresh content quicker.
Right now ater encodingand uploading it's old news. Hah.