okay lets try this again since my previous posts have seemed to be unclear to you (don't know how), i will explain this step by step so you have NO problems of understanding what to do!!
1. Open notepad.exe or notepad (same program) then type this as your first line
2. On the next line type this, it will be what you want displayed on the status bar of the player if you have it enabled
#EXTINF:Artist of Song Goes Here - Title of Song Goes Here
3. On the line after that type this, it will be the exact location relative to your root directory on your server for compatibility put the exact location of the file
4. You have now made a playlist for one song, to have multiple songs repeat steps 2-3 for the other songs, for example a playlist with 5 songs would look like this
5. Now that you know what it looks like, you have to save it, click on the File menu in notepad, then click on save as, to the left of the save and cancel buttons you will see 3 boxes, the first box is the filename that you want to save it as, the second box is the file type (change this to all types), and the last one is encoding type, DO NOT change this box. In the file name box after you have changed the second box to all types, you should type in this
find the location you want to save your file at, this will be needed later so u can upload your playlist file, once u find your location to save the file, click save, you will now see a file that has the name u gave it this will be your playlist
6. Upload your playlist(s) to your server, and in the media player code that is on this thread, rather than having values of mp3 files you should change the value to .m3u, so for example the stuff in bold should look something like the values that you should use
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
document.getElementById('music1').innerHTML="<embed type='application/x-mplayer2' id='music2' pluginspage='http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/MediaPlayer/' src='"+document.getElementById('cancion').value+"' name='MediaPlayer1' width='300' height='75' controltype='2' showcontrols='1' showstatusbar='1' AutoStart='true'></embed>";
<select id="cancion" onchange="song()" size="1">
<option value="none">::::::::::::: Choose Your Song Here :::::::::::::</option>
<option value="http://urltosong1playlist.m3u">Playlist 1</option>
<option value="http://urltosong2playlist.m3u">Playlist 2</option>
<option value="http://urltosong3playlist.m3u">Playlist 3</option>
<option value="http://urltosong4playlist.m3u">Playlist 4</option>
<option value="http://urltosong5playlist.m3u">Playlist 5</option>
<span id="music1"><embed type="application/x-mplayer2" id="music1"
7. If you had read this page click here
earlier which I dont think you did, I wouldn't have had to spend my time writing this semi tutorial up for you
8. Any questions?
P.S. Someone should make this a sticky (glares at mods)