Ok, Im starting this FAQ thread for the PHP forum. This will work pretty much the same as all the other FAQ threads.
We seriously need some new tutorials added, if you have the time, please go here: <http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?t=36142> and consider submitting a tutorial!
Please do not reply to this thread asking for help, if you are still having problems, start a new topic in the relevant forum describing your problem
- Please feel welcome to contribute to this thread, but please dont post unless you are adding a good answer to a frequently asked question.
- If you do contribute, each post should contain one question and answer, no more, no less.
- Please put keywords or function names that are not within PHP code blocks in blue text.
- PHP code should be placed in PHP code blocks.
- When you write a reply, please include links to php.net with the relevant resources.
For further information on how to add a reply, or if you would rather have your answer proof-read before you post it here (reccomended), then please visit <http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?t=36142
- My code isn't working, and I get no errors!
- GPC Stripping Tutorial - Magic Quotes
- Outputting Data/Common Mistypes
- What is the difference between using $HTTP_POST_VARS and $_POST for accessing POST variables?
- How do I write to a file using PHP?
- How do I read a file using PHP?
- Permission denied ... why ? File permissions
- How do I resolve the 'headers already sent' error?
- How do I make a random password function ?
- What is the difference between addslashes() and mysql_real_escape_string() when running MySQL queries?
- Sending HTML email with PHP
- TIP: Coding styles and $end errors
- TIP: Quotes / Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in..
- The IE if (isset($_POST['submit'])) bug explained.
As FAQ entries get added I will add them to the index here.
- The official PHP site, where you can download the latest versions of PHP or lookup functions and syntax.
- MySQL is the database technology that is most often used with PHP, to make dynamic data driven websites and scripts