03-13-2004, 06:29 PM
PM User |
The thread killer
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: UmeŚ, Sweden
Thanked 84 Times in 75 Posts
HTML & CSS Frequently Asked Questions
If you have input on the questions already in the FAQ or want to suggest a new question for someone to write an answer to, please post here
- I've heard tables for layout purposes are bad. Why is this, and how do I lay out my pages otherwise?
- Why doesn't Mozilla/Mozilla Firefox/Netscape/Camino render my stylesheets?
- What is XHTML and how does it compare to HTML?
- How do I style a single tag?
- How can I apply one .css file to many .html pages?
- How can I protect my page source code?
- Why won't my page validate?
- How do I center my page on screen?
- Which method should I use to center my page?
- How can I handle forms without tables?
- How can I specify colour?
- How do I get my font to appear consistently?
- How to prevent form from submitting when the user presses enter?
- How do I create a three column layout using CSS only?
- How can I "clear" floated elements?
Mozilla. This in general covers both Mozilla and Mozilla Firefox, and often also includes other Mozilla based browsers such as K-Melon, Galeon, Camino. <http://mozilla.org/products/>, Any platform.
Microsoft Internet Explorer in general. n stands for version number.
Microsoft Internet Explorer for Windows. <http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.asp>, Windows
Microsoft Internet Explorer for Mac. <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/product...ternetexplorer>, Mac
Apple Safari (based on KHTML and KJS by KDE) <http://www.apple.com/safari/>, Mac OS X
KDE Konqueror. <http://www.konqueror.org/>, X11
Opera. Normally we're talking about version 7 on Windows and Linux, but we may be talking about version 6 for the Mac. <http://www.opera.com/download/>, Windows, Linux, (Mac).
Netscape6, Netscape7. Netscape browser based on Mozilla.
Netscape Navigator. Netscape browsers up to version 4.x.
Netscape Communicator. Same as nn4.x.
Last edited by rmedek; 10-05-2007 at 08:12 PM..