Originally Posted by anarchoi
Thanks for the answer guys.
Just one question: does running the shell_exec "unzip" command actually extract temporary files on my server ? Because like i explained i am already very limited in drive space and i can't afford to extract files just to get the names (i already have 500GB of zip files).
Also, will it require significally more CPU usage than the code i was originally using ?
I'm actually making some kind of progress on this. I've found that you can make a listing of the files in the folder, and that you can extract a file on command and possibly pipe to an application without having to download it. It will have the #U type filename, not the accented character, but you can use UTF8 to represent the accented characters on a web page, so everything should work.
Now why I got involved with this is that I'm coding an encryption application, with web pages and all, that includes use of the accented characters. So I've got two projects that fit together. One thing I've found, that may be important, is that you can't use echo or print with them, you must use file_put_contents and file_get_contents. You can also put them in an array and implode the array, and use put_contents, to put the result in a file.
One problem I have is that the sound on this buggy went out a couple of months ago ( it works for U_tube ) so I can't hear the mp3s.