I wanted to point out a few common pitfalls that users of the paid-for version of my software have reported when trying to set up and configure the browser bookmarklet/plugin
- Please review what a bookmarklet is.
- The bookmarklet is designed to be launched on either a YouTube or Dailymotion.com video page, and allows your users to initiate video conversions directly from the video hosting site. The bookmarklet will not convert videos if launched and run on your own website!
- The provided bookmarklet link in bookmarklet.php must be dragged to the browser's bookmarks bar/menu in order to be installed in the browser (as a new button or link).
- Please review bookmarklet.php as well as related settings in config.class.php to learn more about bookmarklet configuration and customization.
- The bookmarklet submits a POST request from the video hosting site to your site. Thus, for the sake of simplicity, I recommend that you do not change conversion form element name attributes in index.php. If you do, the bookmarklet will not be able to "talk" to your site and initiate a remote conversion. However, if you must change name attribute values for form elements in your index.php, then you should also edit the same values in bookmarkletContent['bookmarklet-container-div-content'] in Bookmarklet "class" in bookmarklet.js AND/OR in $output variable in getFileTypes.php.
Hope it helps!