I wanted to update this:
It is still happening. (we have a dedicated db and a dedicated web/apache)
- I removed all crontabs/cronjobs I know that are running.
- I also removed parts of the script
- I removed every session variable and session_start() making it into cookies.
- I reduced all database queries and closed scripts + errors with db->close
- I removed all the (3-4 iframes on each page) where it would use db and apache.
- the connections still come, timely. (but when we purchase traffic)
- We send traffic thru a php header redirect script. which adds a cookie and connects to the database to add +1 to stats.
- It then when they reach the website, they see ads, which run through queries. however, the site is normally perfect and healthy data. but every 20 minutes or so, connections build up to the MAX and the apache has to reboot.
What would be the cause? I'm thinking faulty hardware, memory ..etc??
All the software/OS has been upgraded,
Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.3.10-1ubuntu3.5 with Suhosin-Patch mod_ssl/2.2.22 OpenSSL/1.0.1
The script I use is 'close' or a minimal codeIgniter style.
PHP closes connections at script end. SO it has to be Apache!
I am lost for words. I have no idea where to begin, I've rebuilt and tested so much, and the crashes still appear.
Last edited by sitNsmile; 02-16-2013 at 05:50 PM..