Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Shark Lake project looking for partnership

    http://www.sharklake.com/

    I built the frame, you refine and complete it for 30%. Up to 49% if you make it big.

    Thanks for reading, sweet night!

  • #2
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leavead View Post
    http://www.sharklake.com/

    I built the frame, you refine and complete it for 30%. Up to 49% if you make it big.

    Thanks for reading, sweet night!
    Wait...you're calling that 'frame' that you made 70% of the work? Can't tell if you're joking or not...why would I basically make the entire site for you for just 30% of the profit? The amount of work I'd have to do to make that site look good and be profitable wouldn't even be worth the 49% you're possibly offering.

  • #3
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Talk like a coder, doubt you understand.

  • #4
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Can't tell if you're joking or not...
    It would look like trolling, but the man paid for domain name etc. Seems he believes in what he is speaking about.

    To leavead:
    Coders over here have already seen lots of deadly-born projects, so it is almost impossible that anybody agrees to work "for percents" and without clear task description.

    Create detailed technical specification of the work you want to be done and then return and ask who and for which fixed price is ready to perform it for you. It may appear necessary also to hire someone for creating mentioned specification as well (if you have only vague ideas and have trouble in seeing and expressing its details).

    UPD:
    By your previous posts it seems you have similar questions recently. If you did not find a partner still, then do you believe you will succeed, proceeding in the same manner?
    Last edited by RodionGork; 03-11-2012 at 09:10 AM.

  • #5
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RodionGork View Post
    It would look like trolling, but the man paid for domain name etc. Seems he believes in what he is speaking about.

    To leavead:
    Coders over here have already seen lots of deadly-born projects, so it is almost impossible that anybody agrees to work "for percents" and without clear task description.

    Create detailed technical specification of the work you want to be done and then return and ask who and for which fixed price is ready to perform it for you. It may appear necessary also to hire someone for creating mentioned specification as well (if you have only vague ideas and have trouble in seeing and expressing its details).

    UPD:
    By your previous posts it seems you have similar questions recently. If you did not find a partner still, then do you believe you will succeed, proceeding in the same manner?
    Cool stuff! Appreciate.

    I really have no clue what takes to make it functioning well. And my money is very tight lately. Otherwise pay for a good job won't cost much and I believe the vague idea is viable.

    I went to every place trying to pitch my idea, found out they all suck. If I can beat them, why not?

    Mind to point me ways to get there?

  • #6
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    429
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    1. Your mission statement is simple but works only for advertising.
    2. Your "Vision" statement shows all you think/care about is money!
    We make bunch money. Everyone is happy.
    3. Would have to be a members only site, most 'Investors' want privacy. And most inventors will not put everything up front to appease someones curiosity.

    Do you have any investors already lined up? What are they looking to invest in? Or are you just hoping to make big money off other peoples money and ideas?

    You need to put alot more thought into this before you bring it to the board...
    Last edited by c1lonewolf; 03-12-2012 at 05:30 AM.
    NO Limits!! www.dhcreationstation.com
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Broken items wanted for tinkerin'! PostItNow@BrokenEquipment.com

  • Users who have thanked c1lonewolf for this post:

    leavead (03-12-2012)

  • #7
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c1lonewolf View Post
    1. Your mission statement is simple but works only for advertising.
    2. Your "Vision" statement shows all you think/care about is money!


    3. Would have to be a members only site, most 'Investors' want privacy. And most inventors will not put everything up front to appease someones curiosity.

    Do you have any investors already lined up? What are they looking to invest in? Or are you just hoping to make big money off other peoples money and ideas?

    You need to put alot more thought into this before you bring it to the board...
    It is all about $, did you watched the show? Kevin tells truth!

  • #8
    Senior Coder
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,233
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 100 Times in 99 Posts
    It shouldn't be about the money at all, but helping people connect. This is a huge project and would take a couple of months to build. No one will do it for free without help.

    Either pay to have it built, or learn to code and assist in the making of it. With a 50/50 split.
    Been a sign maker for 7 years. My business:
    American Made Signs

  • #9
    New Coder
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by myfayt View Post
    It shouldn't be about the money at all, but helping people connect. This is a huge project and would take a couple of months to build. No one will do it for free without help.

    Either pay to have it built, or learn to code and assist in the making of it. With a 50/50 split.
    Thanks for point out it is for connecting people, it could be useful for creating jobs.

    50/50 no problem, I just don't have the skill and money to help much. A good coder told me at elance I could get a good design for 300, but I don't even know how to post a good project.

    I pay 300 plus any hard work that don't need skills and 50/50, any takers?

    Enjoy the beautiful early summer my friends!

  • #10
    Regular Coder
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    429
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by myfayt View Post
    It shouldn't be about the money at all, but helping people connect. This is a huge project and would take a couple of months to build. No one will do it for free without help.

    Either pay to have it built, or learn to code and assist in the making of it. With a 50/50 split.
    Thanks for point out it is for connecting people, it could be useful for creating jobs.

    50/50 no problem, I just don't have the skill and money to help much. A good coder told me at elance I could get a good design for 300, but I don't even know how to post a good project.

    I pay 300 plus any hard work that don't need skills and 50/50, any takers?

    Enjoy the beautiful early summer my friends!

    I agree with myfayt. Seems kinda ironic that you want someone to build you something for free that you're not willing to put any work into yourself...you just have an idea and want to make money! Kinda like how you described your idea itself.

    A good coder told me at elance I could get a good design for 300
    a good design is easily created in any graphics application, the coding for the idea itself is what needs to work! But how would it be 50/50 if someone else dose all the work and you contribute nothing other than a few dollars and a .com? And I wish people would stop using the would create jobs option to advertise their idea! A freakin' slowblower can create jobs and businesses in areas where it snows, it ain't that hard to create a job!

    Don't get me wrong I like the idea and can to a point see how it all fits together quickly and easily with the right people. I just don't see where you fit in other than presenting the idea! [ironic Hint] this is the same thing you have to look forward to when putting inventors & investors together! Who does what, what information is shared and how, the security and then how and who gets paid!

    just my 2cents...hehehe
    NO Limits!! www.dhcreationstation.com
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Broken items wanted for tinkerin'! PostItNow@BrokenEquipment.com


  •  

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •