Scan Disk problem
When I run scan disk, I get an error that something keeps writing to the disk. I timed it by watching the scan disk processes from 'checking allocation tables' to 'checking folder' the bounce back (restart) happend approx every 60 seconds.
How can I find whats causing it and eleminate it?
My process to get to this point:
1. C drive defrag (24 hours) and still 0%
2. D drive defrag (20 min) completed
3. Scan Disk C drive (error) repeated several times.
4. Unplug computer to reboot knowing C drive will be checked by running scan disk in 'standard' option. Check completed, sytem booted up.
5. Once icons, active desktop, additional drives ect. were avail. ran scan disk again! Recieved same error with same frequency (every 60 seconds restarts).
Note: No known applications were running at the time, even shut down flash drive thinking that may be doing it but to no avail.
Any help would be appreciated alot!
The issue seems like C partition that has been set as "dirty," thus triggering the chkdsk.
Open an Administrator level Command Prompt by going to Start > All Programs > Accessories and then right-click "Command Prompt" and select "Run as administrator".
Type chkdsk /r and press Enter
It maybe because of any virus.
there are a ton of reasons this could be happening to be honest. most likely culprits are of course a virus, or perhaps a major failure on the drive itself, in some rare cases anti virus applications can even cause this issue.
before windows starts booting keep pressing F8 until you get mutiple boot selections for windows. choose safe mode. then try running scandisk in safemode.