Travel Log Website - Need Programmer
I posted this in medium projects as well. I am really not sure what size project this would be and would like a little more information from you experts as well as someone who is willing to give me a quote and take on the work.
There are in total about 15 pages.
5 Admin area pages where we can add, edit, delete content. This area needs to be secured. We are considering having an image upload area as well, but would need to discuss this with the programmer to see what is possible.
About 5-10 pages that display content.
We need forms that will write to a DB. These forms will also add a line of code to a couple of other parts such as "Latest Trips" where our 5 most recent trips will be listed with a link to that specific trip page. As well it will post a simple line of code to an XML file.
Additionally we need someone to setup a forum for us that fits into our sites design.
I have wireframes completed, and the design is 100% complete. We just need someone to put the pieces together and make it work.
I prefer either PHP or ASP.NET for programming languages, and am willing to use pre-written scripts if it makes it faster and/or cheaper than doing it yourself. My only requirement is that the secure area is very secure, and the entire site is stable and all code used is being used legally.
This current site is just a personal site for me and my wife and we are opening our travels to the public to view and discuss if anyone actually cares. We have some future plans which include personalized travel logs for users, as well as a store that we are considering. If all goes well, we would continue to pay the programmer for their work, as well as offer a percentage of whatever profit we make when we reach a decent size.
Please send me your thoughts on what this would cost, and if you would like to take this project please let me know. Also if there is any other information that would help, please feel free to ask me.
PHP,MySQL would be way to go , where are you planing to host your website ? I would say it might cost around $750 .
Thanks, that sounds about what I was expecting, so glad to hear it.
I currently have two hosting accounts at Dotster.com (formerly mydomainhosting.com). One account handles a couple ASP sites I have, the other hosts an old and quickly dying PostNuke site that is written in PHP and MySQL.
I can allow the programmer to use that account as a test environment, or they can use their own environment, whatever works best for them. I do expect it all to be moved to my server and tested as part of the final project though.
Now to find someone interested in doing it. :D
Further to the above project. I was wondering what it would require to get my entire project up and running instead of just doing a piece of it.
The difference would the following items:
1. User Registration and Login: This would give users their own specific area to add travel logs of past trips, or trip planning of future trips, and a blog.
2. A search feature that can look for users, or locations.
3. A filtering feature for the main site that allows you to choose locations to view things such as other peoples trip plans, other peoples past trips, or what is being contributed by other users or sponsors.
4. User area which will include per user a blog area, past trip area, future trip area, contribution area, profile area. All of which are simple input area's. The user should see the "EDIT | DELETE" beside their own information, but no one else can.
- In total, there will be about 30-40 pages. The main difference is having a global main site, and an individual user site. Everything is pretty basic input output type of code with some filtering options.
So I can guess you want to know price for whole project and for part of project listed in top message?
I think whole project you describe can be completed for about $1700.
If you want to discuss more details or features, please contact me at alexandr (at) evaxsoft.com or find other contact info at http://evaxsoft.com
We have gone through the project description. We can develop it. Please check citytechcorp[dot]com. You can also send me mail at citytech_marketing[at]hotmail[dot]com
Waiting for your reply
|All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:48 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.