Hello Everybody,

I spent the last days trying to make Gettext work on my new server. I really need your help. Eveything was ok while running on my local server (easyphp : apache) but it doesn't work anymore since I am on the new server (debian, php5).

Here is the code I use :

Code:
$language = 'en';
putenv("LANG=$language");
setlocale(LC_ALL, $language);

// Set the text domain as 'messages'
$domain = 'messages';
print bindtextdomain($domain, "/var/www/mysite/languages");
print "<br>";
textdomain($domain);

echo _("input_description_tag");

Gettext doesn't seem to find my .mo file which is located in /var/www/mysite/languages/en/LC_MESSAGES/messages.mo

The value returned by Gettext is the orginal string ( "input_description_tag) and not its english translation. The permission of the file has been turned in 777. I have tried everything possible if you have any tips, I would the happiest one in the world !!

Thanks you everybody for helping me !!!

Thibaud